Ten Things of Thankful
Here are ten things I am thankful for this week.
- Washers and dryers in the building where I live so I don’t have to go out to do laundry. There are seven washers and seven dryers. Usually, I am the only one in the laundry room so I do three loads at once and I am done. Wonderful.
- I took a walk the other day and stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. Of course, a couple of things were more like several things and the bags were heavy. I only walked about two blocks when there was a short beep and when I looked it was a neighbor on his way home and he gave me a ride. Saved me from some huffing and puffing and a sore back.
- The library in the building has received several bags of books. It is nice that people donate books so we can have new books for the shelves. I was able to clear out some older books that were ready to be retired to make room for the new ones. The old ones will go to the public library for their sale.
- I had a surprise when I opened my door today. A friend had left a large plush throw for me. It looks great on my sofa and is so soft and comfy. Sweet friend!
- I had some leftover vegetables and pasta so I stir fried the veggies and added them to the pasta with some herbs. It was quick and easy and made a delicious supper.
- We have had some rain which we needed. The trees and shrubs look clean and refreshed. So pretty.
- With the rain, there were no leaks in the building so the repairs made last month worked! So thankful for this.
- I love to read and it is a wonder to me how many really good authors there are and so many books to choose from. Even when I find a book that isn’t something I really like it is still a joy to read.
- I have my theme for the A to Z Challenge in April! It helps so much to have a theme for this challenge. I look forward to being a part of it and reading new (to me) blogs. There are so many talented people in blog world.
- I have started walking up the stairs, eight flights, every day. After two weeks I can make it to the top floor breathing almost normally, not quite normal but almost. And my legs don’t feel like they have cement in them when I get to my apartment!
That’s it for this week.
I am blessed!