My Ten Things of Thankful this week
- A friend was sorting through his kitchen stuff and called to see if there was anything I might want before he took it to Goodwill. He had some really nice things but I am trying to declutter. Okay, I did take one ceramic bowl.
- The weather has been really nice and I haven’t had the heat or a/c on for over a month.
- Spent a lovely afternoon shopping with a friend. She is family to me and I am blessed beyond measure having her in my life.
- Someone in the building donated a chair and ottoman to our library. It is a great leather swivel chair and so comfortable.
- A friend hadn’t been feeling well and there was some concern because of a serious health issue last year. He went to the doctor and was given an antibiotic for a bad infection. All is well.
- Went to the grocery store and when it came time to pay I used my AmEx card then saw the notice that they weren’t taking AmEx because of a glitch in their system. All I had with me was my that card. The manager said not to worry just take the groceries and if the card didn’t go through they would call me for another card number. What I bought didn’t come to much but it was pretty trusting and generous of the manager.
- I was out of my favorite chai tea latte and couldn’t find it at three stores. Found some at Walmart. Only two boxes but that’s better than none.
- Next week the handyman will be here and a few little but bothersome things will be taken care of and we will talk about a project I am hoping to start.
- A friend gave me a ride to the pet store so I could get kitty litter and some sticky tape. The tape is to put on a new sofa I am getting so the cats will, hopefully, be discouraged of scratching the new sofa. The litter is self-explanatory.
- I am reading a book by (a new to me author) Michael Robotham. It is very good and now I have a new author to read.
That’s it for this week.