Ten Things of Thankful
- Organized my files and got paperwork ready for tax appointment next week. Just have some paper shredding to do but the real work is done.
- Finished the crocheted baby blanket for my friend whose baby boy is due this month.
- Had a lovely morning with my friend. She had some shopping to do and I went along and did some shopping myself. Then we had lunch. While at lunch she got a call that her son and his soon to be wife had their offer on a house accepted. Great joy!
- A neighbor was taken to the hospital by ambulance yesterday. I saw her as they were wheeling her into the elevator. She is in her late nineties and as feisty as ever. No news yet as to how she is doing. I am thankful for the EMS folks. They do a much- needed service and deserve our gratitude and support.
- Had some good feedback on my writing at my other blog, Day of Grace. This blog Patricia’s Place is where I just talk and have fun. Sometimes there is serious stuff here but for the most part, it’s easy. Day of Grace is my heart and takes a lot of thought and prayer. I need to be more circumspect and thoughtful there. I want to be an encouragement and not preachy.
- I have been asked to serve on a committee here where I live. I haven’t said yes or no. I need to give it some thought but I am humbled that I have been asked and thankful that I am considered worthy.
- I am ever so thankful that my arthritis pain does not flare up very often and when it does it responds to aspirin quite nicely. No other pain medication is needed.
- I have plans for dinner with a friend this coming week. She is a work friend and I haven’t seen her since December. It will be great to see her and catch up with the last couple of months.
- We had snow flurries this morning. It was beautiful! There is a sweet peacefulness looking out the window of my nice warm home and watching the snowflakes float from the sky. I am thankful for the sight today and thankful that it’s a sight we don’t see too often.
- I received a reimbursement check from the insurance company. This is a great blessing because it will cover the handyman work being done this month. I had been complaining about the delay but as often happens the delay brought the blessing at the perfect time. God is good!