Ten Things of Thankful
- Had dinner with a friend I used to work with. Was so good to see her and catch up. She treated me to dinner which was a sweet surprise and quite unexpected.
- The handyman was here and took care of some of what is on my list for him. Nice to have a level armoire and curtain rod brackets that aren’t falling off the wall.
- The first part of the week was cold and wet. I stayed warm and dry inside with the cats. It is a blessing not to have to go out in bad weather.
- Spring is here!
- Watched the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. There was some rain but the folks in the parade didn’t let it dampen their spirits. It was colorful and fun to see passing by my apartment.
- Someone tried to log into my Google account but Google caught it and no harm done.
- A migraine threatened but a couple of aspirin took care of it. It has been years since I had a migraine…definitely a blessing!
- Watched a nice father-son-bonding movie, The Confirmation. It is an independent film worth watching. The acting was good and the story of a young boy spending the weekend with his alcoholic father while his mother and his step-father are away was lovely, funny, sad, uplifting. Just a good movie.
- Since my cataract surgery, I only need glasses for near sight. I wear “cheater” glasses for reading and crafts and the computer. I get the glasses at the drug store or dollar store so they never cost more than $10.00 and often less. It is such fun to have all these different glasses!
- I have been getting eight hours of sleep most nights. Even if I go to bed really late I get enough sleep because I can sleep until late. A wonderful benefit of retirement, I feel so rested. And spoiled!
It has been a good week.
I am blessed abundantly.