Happy New Year!
New Year Resolutions?
None for me!
I have made resolutions in the past. I don’t remember what they were but I do remember that I didn’t keep them. So, now I just don’t make them so I don’t feel bad at the end of the year when I realize that I am a resolution failure.
That’s all I have to say on the subject!
Now on to other stuff.
I do reflect on the year gone by.
This year there are things I am happy about
and some things not so much.
- time spent with friends
- lots of time to read…76 books read in 2018
- going to bed late and sleeping til nine or ten
- started keeping a journal
- organizing closets
- finishing the kitchen…except for crown molding
Not so happy stuff
- didn’t get the living room painted
- decluttering still a work in progress
- falling behind in all things blog related
About the blogs…I have been neglecting most everything blog related.
- I apologize to all who have participated in the In Other Words challenge for not spending time with you. I do appreciate your writing and linking your poems and stories. Please forgive me.
- I have also been negligent in responding to comments in general. I have no excuse. I just have not been making good use of my time when it comes to the computer.
- I have not been to visit blogs I follow, and I am sorry. Again no excuse.
- The most recent blogs were written in November and scheduled for December with the plan to update as the month progressed. Just didn’t happen.
One thing I have found in retirement is that the less you have to do the less you do. When I worked I made myself get other things done. In retirement, I tell myself I will do whatever needs to be done later. Of course, later never comes it just gets put on tomorrow’s to-do list.
Maybe I do have one resolution…
GET IT DONE!