After months of thinking about it, seeking advice, going back and forth about what to do, and being a bit crazed I have made my decision. Can’t tell you what it is just yet
but after New Years I will.
I am almost done with Christmas shopping. I don’t do anything major in the way of gifts, just little thought gifts. Usually, I make something but this year I did not. I might make cookies or something, though.
The bit of holiday decorating I do is done.
I am ready for the holiday and it isn’t even the week of the big day.
1. Yesterday, I started the little bit of holiday decorating I do. No tree but a fun wreath on the door and a table centerpiece. Tomorrow I will work on the Christmas village.
2. To regift or not is the question. I think it’s okay. I would rather the gift that perhaps wasn’t quite the right thing be regifted to someone who would like and use it. But I do think that it may hurt some folks feelings so ya gotta be careful.
3. My favourite holiday leftover is…leftovers of any kind are my favorite food in general but at Thanksgiving, it’s a turkey and dressing and cranberry sauce hoagie sandwich. Oh, and any dessert.
4. The best part of a long, holiday weekend is …I don’t know, just having four days of being lazy is nice. Although, for me lazy is pretty much a most of the time thing these days.
The tiny leaf buds of Spring burst into the lush green of Summer which in turn drop with colorful flutters in Autumn to blanket the earth while Winter brings its time of rest. As a child, it was all taken for granted without thought of what the seasons taught of beginning, growing, harvesting and ending, life and living, death and dying. With the passing years, we learned what we took for granted as a straight line from beginning to end is the wonder of the never-ending circle of life.
One Thanksgiving tradition I have is I decorate the door for the holidays. I try to do something different every year. Nothing expensive or extravagant just something simple.
2. Black Friday I stay home. No shopping in crowded stores for me. I spent years on the sales floor and always had to work Black Friday. I still work in retail but in the office and I can choose whether or not to work and I choose not to.
3. The best part about Thanksgiving Day is just staying home with the catkids pretty much doing nothing. I am not much for socializing on this day.
4. One Thanksgiving, …growing up holidays were sort of stressful and I was always happy to see them done with. Nothing, good or bad, stands out. They are no longer stressful but I still am not crazy about Thanksgiving and the start of the holiday season.
Last night I thought of something to chat about for today’s
I thought at the time,”I should write this down so I don’t forget it.” But I didn’t write it down because it was such a good idea I knew I wouldn’t forget it. Well, I forgot what it was I was going to write about so now I have nothing.
So, that’s it for today’s chat. I really must write myself reminders so I don’t forget my great ideas. I wonder if Einstein had this problem. Probably not he was smart enough to know he might forget so probably always made notes of his great ideas.
“As you get older three things happen.
The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two.”
Kinda funny that a man named Wisdom would forget two of three things.