Joining in at the BrewNSpew Cafe
where the word this week is
Festivities, joyful, merrymaking
Come all ye faithful
Today is Tuesday, December 7, 2010
10 things about the December season
- It is going to be cold and windy–might as well bundle up and enjoy it best you can.
- People are in more of a hurry–they can be pushy and rude but you don’t have to be even if you would like to body slam them into next year.
- The stores will be too crowded and too warm–just roll with it–or go home.
- Where ever you go there will be long lines–be patient–do some daydreaming.
- There will be hard to buy for people and those you just can’t please–give to charity the money you would have spent on them and tell them who you gave the donation to.
- Kids should not be taken to the Mall–except to sit on Santa’s lap–once they have talked with him and had their picture taken they should be taken home.
- There will be parties–like it or not–if like me you are a “not” person stay home nobody will really miss you and you will be happy.
- There is a lot of food around–you don’t have to eat it and if you do don’t complain about the diet you will have to go on in January.
- It’s not all about you–or me–no matter how much we want it to be.
- Santa, though a nice enough fat man cannot give you the gift of life–remember the One who can.
Today is Tuesday, November 30, 2010
10 Things November Brings
- Colder weather–time for sweaters and hats and gloves–but not for long johns yet.
- Falling leaves–love this– all the drifting color.
- Long walks in the crisp air and crunchy leaves.
- The beginning of the holiday season–this is a love hate thing for me.
- Stores are all dressed up for the holiday shoppers–even stores look better in fancy dress.
- Spending money–more than usual.
- Holiday parties and get-togethers–another of those love hate things.
- Food and more food–this purely love especially the egg nog that is only sold at this time of year–what’s with that?
- Gifts–the giving and getting of–kinda stressful but also fun.
- Realization that the year is almost over and you haven’t done all you thought you would–but don’t worry next year is right around the corner and you can make another resolutions list.