The other day I was looking at the list of books that I read last year. Some of them I wrote reviews but many I did not. So I thought that today I would tell you what I thought about some of them.
Not reviews just a word or two about why I did or did not like the book
These were ok but just…they got a ** rating
- The Lost Angel by Javier Sierra–the story was ok but it seemed to ramble on a bit.
- The Joy of Less by Francine Jay–I guess I would have liked it more if there was less of it.
- Peace Pilgrim In Her Own Words–this was collection her words put together by her friends–they repeated things a lot
- What Your Childhood Memories Say About You by Dr Kevin Leman–the title is about as long as the book–nothing really new in it except you learn about the good doctor and his family
These I thought were good…gave them ***
- Touched by Angels by Debbie Macomber–I just like the way she writes simple and kinda sweet always with a happy ending you can see from chapter one.
- The Search Committee by Tim Owens–if you have ever been on a church committee for anything you will recognize the characters and appreciate the humor
- The Invisible Ones by Stef Penney–I gave this 3 stars but I don’t know why because I don’t remember a thing about it
- A Month At The Shore by Antoinette Stockenberry–I liked it but it is forgettable
- The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson–it was highly recommended and it was pretty good–about prayer
This one was more than good ****
- A Dark and Lonely Place by Edna Buchanan–two stories in one that weave together past and present–of all the books listed read this one
Ok, so that’s it. I have some more to tell you about on another day.
If you have read any of these let me know what you thought.